Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Good Senior Care Services In Calgary

My father recently had a hip replacement. Although he is as strong as an ox, he's also just as stubborn. The doctor clearly instructed him not to move around much in the first few weeks of recovery, but every time we visit, he's up making coffee and snacks. I guess we should be thankful that its organic coffee and health snacks, but still, he should not be moving.

The hospital provided a nurse for him to give health care at home, but being young and inexperienced, she packed her bags after only three days. I was looking franticly for senior care services in Calgary. I am a family man and it would not be practical to move us all in with my dad, not with my five month old son. If only my mom was still with us…


I was about to give up on my search when  I had a phone call from a lady who was long since retired as a home nurse, but she offered to help. The young nurse who resigned was her daughter.

My dad agreed to meet with her and the two of them hit it off quite well. We were all so happy that someone with experience (and authority) was taking care of dad. I guess I should have seen it coming, but the two are now in love and in a month's time, I'm going to have a great stepmom.